We checked into Pullman Guangzhou airport hotel, which was literally 10 minutes walk from Baiyun Airport! This is the view from our room, Pullman's garden and the airport terminal. We were that close!

Since we were staying at the airport hotel, we took a many train rides into the city. Every day, we spent at about 3 hours travelling. Yes, very tiring!

There were so many people in the train (okay, I know it's China), but it's really quite mad. I took a quick shot of all of us train passengers, and this is non-peak hour. I really cannot imagine peak hour!

I've been to Beijing a couple years back, so I was mentally prepared to face this amount of people at one time. But for first-timers to China like Bryan, he was completely thrown back hehe!


I'd so rather chill in the room and eat breakfast all day :P

We don't really get to stay in fanciful hotels, like Pullman, during travels (budget, budget!), so I quite enjoyed our stay here ;)



The only historical building we checked out was Chen Clan Academy. Apparently it was a home of a very rich man of Guangzhou in the earlier days. There were many carvings, artworks, pottery and engraving preserved from the dynasties, around the house.



But what I most enjoyed about Chen Clan Academy were the corridors and courtyards. Very serene and quaint! How I wished they served some nice tea with yummy Chinese treats in the relaxing courtyards :)



That would be awesome, wouldn't it? :)


Leave a Reply

Categories