...as suggested by Trip Advisor!

Before we got on the plane for Langkawi, both Bryan and I decided that we're going to have lots of Western  cuisine (or anything else, besides Malaysian food!). The one that he really wanted to go was this Turkish restaurant in Pantai Cenang, because he read good reviews about it! I'm sorry the restaurant's name totally slipped my mind for now, and I can't google for it too T___T. If I recall it, I'll let you know ;)

There weren't many patrons when we arrived, so I was a little doubtful. But the moment our appetizer came, I was quite surprised :D

That mushy thing above was our appetizer! It's called Babaganuc (mashed up eggplant with virgin olive oil and magical herbs) and it came with a couple of home made Pide bread. OMG, so smooth, creamy and heavenly!


Our happy faces!

Then came our main course. We decided to share something (because we arrived at 4PM). That being said, no wonder there weren't many patrons. Who eats at 4PM??



Below is the Paticlan Kebab! It's basically roasted eggplant with chicken meat, tomatoes and really spicy green chillies. The meat was not too bad, but the entire dish was mediocre. Perhaps I'll try another kebab the next round ;)



The last night before we left Langkawi, we went to a restaurant which had even better reviews - Mangoes Bar & Grill. If I'm not mistaken, it was rated the best restaurant in Langkawi by Trip advisor earlier this year! It was rather difficult to locate this place, very easily missed! They're located behind housing estates, and their sign board is on a small plank of wood, up on the wall of their neighbour (at the back of their restaurant!).

Loved the ambience! We ordered chicken liver pate (again!), I had lamb chops and Bryan had the Aussie burger.



The burger was tall, mighty and yummy, so it made the boy a very happy camper that night! The owner, Michelle, was very lovely and friendly too. Her story about opening Mangoes - She was a school teacher in Melbourne (her home), and she loved to sail. So one day, she sailed all the way from Melbourne to Langkawi, and decided she love to live in this island! So she anchored her boat, called Langkawi her home, and opened a restaurant with her partner!

Isn't that a life to live?!

I wish one day, I will own a yacht (or rent one, regardless!) and sail somewhere exotic to plonk myself there for retirement too :)




Leave a Reply

Categories